RESIDENTIAL POSITION – KALGOORLIE
Overall responsibility of the role is to supervise workshop operations and co-ordinate site works to complete jobs:
- efficiently (meet quoted targets); and
- to meet or exceed customer quality and time expectations.
Working a 10 days on /4 days off roster (Every second Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon off)
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure a safe work environment and promote safe work practices in the workshop
- Work with Workshop Manager to maintain the work allocation plan.
- Provide clear instructions to employees on how to undertake jobs.
- Monitor jobs to ensure quality control.
- Coach and support employees to develop as boilermakers while understanding their strengths and weaknesses and building their confidence.
- Maintain a team culture in the workshop.
- Plan ahead in the workshop to ensure materials, consumables, equipment and necessary PPE are available to workers to maintain efficient work flow.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is properly serviced and maintained.
- Maintain minimum stock level holdings of consumables and materials for the workshop.
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Manage employee performance including day to day and formal performance reviews
Applicants must have:
- Current drivers license
- Extensive Boilermaker experience in heavy mobile equipment and general fabrication.
- Effective people skills to be able to gain respect of tradesmen while being able to manage poor performance.
- Ability to learn and implement new knowledge.
- Values aligned to Goldmont’s safe, customer focussed and continuous improvement culture
Other attributes that we are seeking include:
- Ability to coach junior or inexperienced tradesmen
- Ability to identify and implement improvements to work processes and the workshop environment
- Current MR truck license
- Crane/Rigging license
- Forklift ticket
- Understanding of confined space safe work practices
- Good mechanical aptitude.
Applications to: Goldmont Engineering
7-9 Broadwood Street, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: 9021 8359