Goldmont Engineering does mining equipment repairs and fabrication for a broad range of equipment – heavy mobile equipment, drilling, fixed plant and mine infrastructure.
Examples of our mining equipment repair and modification work are:
- Haul truck tray relines;
- Chassis repairs;
- Bucket refurbishment;
- Stick and boom repairs;
- Drilling rigs;
- Raise bore rigs;
- Fuel tank repairs;
Examples of mining equipment fabrication work are:
- Headboards for truck trays;
- Buckets (check out our inhouse designed Outcast bucket for underground boggers);
- Certified work platforms – eg charge baskets;
- Certified ROPs and FOPs cab repairs;
- Pump piping;
- Ducting for mine ventilation;
- Back fill wall kits;
- Diamond rig platforms.
We combine our knowledge of the mining industry with our design and boilermaking capabilities to provide customers with solutions to problems and ways to improve operating performance. The improvement could relate to any combination of safety, cost or productivity.
Goldmont’s design capability is further complemented by being the Hardox network partner for the goldfields. The partnership gives Goldmont exclusive access to SSAB’s design expertise in the use of hardened steels.
We are flexible about where we work:
- from our fully equipped workshop in Kalgoorlie; or
- on customers’ mine sites using our fleet of boiler making service trucks or provision of labour hire.
We have worked on mine sites across the breadth of Western Australia and will work wherever required.
Goldmont also supplies a range of products:
- products that are designed and fabricated in-house in response to a specific customer problem (these products are unique to Goldmont).
- products that are held in stock because they are critical to mine production so customers value a short turnaround time between ordering and supply; and
- products that are held in stock because they are in high demand by the mining industry and Goldmont is able to supply these products below prices available from other suppliers.
Goldmont is able to provide engineering certification of the products it fabricates. Some products need to be purpose built for each customer. Fast turnaround times are facilitated by a large bank of drawings and a large stock of components.