Criteria for Applicant
Goldmont Engineering will sponsor successful applicants for a 494 visa to work in Australia.
Applications for boilermaker jobs in Australia are invited from tradesman who:
- have the documentation required to be granted a working visa to Australia (see “Further Information” below);
- meet the general criteria for boilermaking jobs in Kalgoorlie with Goldmont Engineering; and
- meet the specific criteria given below.
Goldmont Engineering is based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia. Successful applicants are required to live in Kalgoorlie.
• Be proficient in positional welding with innershield wire such as Hobart XLR8 & Outershield wire such as Lincoln 71E-H.
• Be qualified Boilermakers (ie Cert III Engineering – Fabrication).
• Be licensed to drive a manual car
• Be flexible to work shift work and on remote sites
• Meet the criteria required for a 494 Visa to work in Australia (see below).
Applications to: Goldmont Engineering
7-9 Broadwood Street, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: +61 8 9021 8359
494 Visa Criteria
Do not apply to Goldmont Engineering to sponsor you for a 494 visa to work in Australia until you have the required documents which include:
- Proof of competency in the English language. This requires an overall IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of at least 6 and a score of at least 5 in each of the 4 parts. Citizens of the United Kingdom, the USA, Canada, New Zealand or Ireland are not required to sit the IELTS.
- A suitable skills assessment in Cert III Engineering – Fabrication.
- Proof of age under 45 years old, with more than 3 years experience working in the trade.
- A passport (or be able to get one)
- A birth certificate.
- A police clearance.
Applications and Referees
Applications should include the following:
- a detailed resume of your working history.
- copies of required certificates (ie skills test and IELTS results if applicable).
- details of at least two referees to contact (we do accept written references)
We want to talk to referees from the companies you worked at most recently for periods of at least 6 months. Please provide the following details for each referee:
- name and phone number – please check that the phone number works;
- name of the company where you worked for the referee.
If possible, we like to get referees from different companies
We understand that the application process means you might have to incur substantial costs prior to knowing if Goldmont will offer you a job.
You can be confident that Goldmont will employ you if:
• You have excellent boilermaking skills;
• You can be easily understood when speaking English; and
• You have a “good attitude”.
However, there are no guarantees. Goldmont is currently very keen to employ more boilermakers and cannot source enough suitable boilermakers locally. This could change if more boilermakers became available locally or if the demand for boilermaking work decreased. However, there is no indication that either of these factors will change in the foreseeable future.
Wages & Conditions
Successful applicants will be paid AUD (Australian Dollar) $42 per hour. This is a flat rate so these is no additional pay for working over time or weekends. We do pay an additional $4 per hour for night shift work. Goldmont works a 10 days on, four days off roster. Work days are 11.5 hours of paid work per day (5.00am to 5.00pm with 30 minute lunch break).
There is a substantial bonus paid once per year and details of the bonus will be provided at a later stage.
You will be on probation for the first three months. If you pass the probation period, your wage will be increased depending on your performance. As a guide, our current boilermakers are paid between $44 and $52 per hour in addition to the end of year bonus.
You will receive five weeks of annual leave per year. When on annual leave you will be paid at your hourly rate for 37.5 hours per each week of leave.
If you have a family – wife and children – we will sponsor them to join you in Kalgoorlie (at your cost) after you have completed your probation period.
You will pay for all your living costs including accommodation costs in Kalgoorlie. However, Goldmont will pay for up to four weeks of accommodation in the local caravan park when you first arrive.
Kalgoorlie is adjacent to another town called Boulder and the terms “Kalgoorlie” and “Kalgoorlie-Boulder” are used interchangeably. Kalgoorlie is a town of about 30,000 people located 600km east of Perth which is the capital city of Western Australia (about 2.2 million population). It is predominantly a mining town. It has good facilities and offers a huge variety of sporting facilities and social groups. A summary of the weather conditions is:
• Daily average temperatures in summer are minimum 18 degrees Celsius and maximum 33 degrees Celsius. There is an average of 8 days over 40 degrees in summer and the highest ever recorded maximum is 46 degrees.
• Daily average temperatures in winter are minimum 5 degrees Celsius and maximum 18 degrees Celsius. The record minimum temperature is minus 3 degrees.
Here are some links for information on Kalgoorlie. Hopefully it helps and if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
To get a feel for the cost of housing accommodation, go to realestate.com.au. Search Kalgoorlie (postcode 6430) or Boulder (postcode 6432), click on the rent tab and that will take you to rentals in town.
This is the type off accommodation we will book you into for your first two weeks www.kalcp.com/